Kingdoms of Antiquity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms of Antiquity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sarmandal Clan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jaymes

Sarmandal Clan Empty
PostSubject: Sarmandal Clan   Sarmandal Clan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Vanthia
Khan Tabitha Yuki’s Dwelling

The Khan’s home was a large building in comparison to other homes in the area; built close to the river such a structure was an uncommon site, being in an area crowded with older homes. The wooden door and windows were wide open, allowing the pleasant spring breeze to help air out the stone house. Tabitha lived in her family’s home with two other females both warriors of the Sarmandal Knights, the Clan’s best cavalry; they’re names are Teresa and Clare. Although not her original protector, they were ordered to the task since she reached maturity at the age of fifteen, by the Warlord Shen, to ensure that the Khan’s virginity was not in question with Shen being her guardian and protector since her father passed away some five years ago.

Teresa stood outside the doorway with her back against the wall and always acted more of a mother figure to Tabitha, whom she viewed as a daughter she could never have; while Clare, much closer to the Khan in age being only 23 years old talked with the Khan and had more of a sisterly relationship with her. Both ladies were of a clan that was almost wiped out ages ago, very few remain of their line, fewer still of pure blood. They had similar features, both having silver eyes and blond/white hair. The only difference between the two was Teresa had long curly hair while Clare had short straight hair that didn’t pass the middle of her neck. The clan, its name long forgotten, is the only one to have such unique features that make them stand out among the Sarmandal Clan and highly sought after in wives or husbands.

The Warlord Shen Xingke asked for permission from Teresa to enter the Khan’s home, “Teresa, I’m here as the Khan requested. Is she prepared to receive me?” Normally Teresa or Clare would require that weapons be given up when seeing the Tabitha, but Shen, being both Warlord and Guardian of the Khan wasn’t required to give up his weapons.

Pushing herself off the wall, Teresa ducked through the doorway and informed Tabitha of Shen’s arrival. She of course urged him in herself speaking to where he could hear her, “Come in Xingke.”, while motioning with her hands, even though he couldn’t see her. Like Teresa he too ducted through the door, and while he didn’t need to give up his weapon to either Teresa or Clare he always ensured to unbuckle it and place it near the door. As he propped it against the frame Clare walked past him to stand watch at the door.

“My Khan you called for me?” Shen asked bowing his head slightly toward Tabitha. He had just come from practicing his swordsmanship and was still glistening with sweat. His shirt was a v-neck sleeveless tunic that revealed his cut arms. The material was hugging his skin from the sweat and revealed his wiry build and his long black hair was pulled back matted together. Most of his visible body was covered in a combination of dust and sweat creating a layer of grime over his body, yet somehow Tabitha still could barely conceal her feelings for him.

Clearing her throat, “Ahem, yes I wish to know you assessment of our troops. As you know, the last council meeting many of the elder clansmen were clamoring for battles that would allow us to grow and become stronger. Do you believe us to be ready for such an aggressive move?” Although she too was a warrior she trained with Clare and Teresa, and so had little knowledge in how prepared The Horde of the Sarmandal Clan really was.

“Yes I believe we’re ready, simply command us and we’ll cut down the Clan’s enemies my Khan.” Shen replied his eyes revealing none of the inner turmoil he felt standing before Tabitha.

“That’s good news Xingke. Rumors have reached our lands that some conflict may be taking place to the south. We will use this turmoil to make our move, I believe it will be after my uncles wedding. We must be prepared to move quickly though, from the large number of troops that were rumored to be on the move we may have a very small window. Ensure that our forces are well prepared.” Tabitha commanded before adding, “I too will require your time to help improve my skills.”

Bowing the Warlord from Sarmius replied, “As you command my Kahn.” Shen then left, strapping on his sword as he did so. He had much to do today, the first to send out runners for the Sarmandal Clan to assemble The Horde and prepare for battle, the second was to take a bath in the river to cleanse himself before offering a sacrifice to the gods that he would not dishonor his clan or his name.

Sarmius
Girghe Yuki’s Wedding Preperations

Girghe Yuki had sent out word with his son Thor, a extremely talkative young man generally at the heart of any event, to inform family members of his coming wedding to his second wife, Princess Ishi Seldu-Khaitis. Knowing that many of them would join him at their wedding in Foedinei he was quite anxious to leave. He had sent his other son, along with Felli who seemed to be Lucciola’s voice, to his niece and current Khan, Tabitha in Vanthia. They were to pass along their father’s wishes that Tabitha go and meet the Prince Gervatix III, her betrothed. They would meet up with him on somewhere along the way towards Foedinei, likewise that would be were other family members of his would meet him to attend the wedding.

The clanspeople of Sarmius were also making their own preparations for when the newlywed couple would return to Sarmius by preparing a new home for them. Believing it a bad curse if you first wife had died in one house and you brought your second into the same home. Even though the death was during Felli’s birth, the Sarmandal Clan believed that if your first partner died in a home you had to have a different home with your second partner if you re-wed. Girghe’s vacant home wouldn’t remain so for long as a younger couple who had outgrown their own dwelling moved into his former one.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Sarmandal Clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarmandal Clan   Sarmandal Clan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:21 pm

(OOC: Sorry that this D2D is so short, didn't know if I needed to put in the actual gathering of troops or the composition or what.)

Nihr River; Frohn and Sarmandal Border

Shen Xingke had assembled a Horde of Warriors to fight the Khan’s enemy, the Frohn Tribe. When all had gathered they would cross the Nihr River and confront the Frohn Tribes Warriors. Being barbarians no declaration of war had occurred, the Sarmandal Clan simply sought to expand their boarders and grow in strength, something only accomplished through war. The Horde, led by Warlord Shen, would include mercenaries from the Sundh Tribe bribed with gold and promises of loot.

The area they choose as their rallying camp was a well wooded concealing their numbers, though the cooking fires might be seen escaping the canopy of trees overhead. The Frohn Tribe would have a harder time rallying their own horde to face off the Sarmandal Clans warriors, even if they saw rising smoke from the woods; Shen had planned his Khan’s commands well and the Horde under his command would cross the river into Frohn lands tomorrow morning spoiling for a fight.

Tabitha, recently in Kando would travel following the in the Warlord Shen’s wake and catch up to the slow moving mass of barbarians. Against the Frohn she would claim her second kill and be marriage to Prince Gervatix III, even though she truly wished to marry her true love, the Warlord Shen.

Summary:
Sarmandal Clan goes to war with the Frohn Tribe, crossing over into Frohn territory. Shen’s plan allowed the Sarmandal Warriors to gather outside Vanthia before marching north where they met the Sundh mercenaries. They’d invade Frohn coming from Vanthia heading north-east.

Tabitha will achieve her second kill and enter her marriage with Prince Gervativ III of the Kantach Tribe.
Back to top Go down

Sarmandal Clan
Page 1 of 1